MP5 via serial to local Win10 PC running OpenICE won't get past "connecting"

Anthony 2 weeks ago in OpenICE • updated by ToddPadilla 2 days ago 1

I've seen a few postings regarding connecting MP5s via Serial to a local PC to run the demo app.  So far i have been unsuccessful and am struggling to find the answers to a couple basic questions.  I just want to connect an MP5 via serial to a local PC running OpenICE.  When i set everything up the application just sits at "connecting".  And yes...I've double and tripple checked i am using the correct pinout for serial.  I'm aware the MP5 has a different pinout than other MP series philips monitors.  Here is what I have:

• OpenICE 0.6.3
  • Windows 10 PC
  • Philips MP5 rev F.01.43
  • Tripplite  Keyspan USA-19HS USB-to-Serial adapter
  • Serial cable with the correct pinout for an MP5 (i've tripple checked this here and in the manual)

When i open OpenICE i select the ICE_Device_Interface, set device category to serial, and device type to Philips Intellivue (MIB/RS232).  Then click the start intellivueSerial button.  The application loads then sits there at "connecting":

Losing what's left of my hair trying to figure out what i am doing wrong...here are some of my questions:
  1. I'm leaving the IP address blank since i am connecting to a serial device, is that correct?
  2. I'm leaving the domain ID at 0, is that correct?
  3. What baud rate and serial port is the application expecting and can i edit these settings?

Attached is a copy of my demo app log.  any direction of guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks for sharing. I wish it'll be useful for too many people that are trying to find this subject matter. I become working and all of sudden I visits this put up frequently and endorsed it to me to study additionally. The writing style is superior and the content material is relevant. Thanks for the perception you provide the readers. And also I even have noticed that lots of them are reviewed about cheap essay writing service and I need to recognize approximately this specific provider.