I've seen a few postings regarding connecting MP5s via Serial to a local PC to run the demo app. So far i have been unsuccessful and am struggling to find the answers to a couple basic questions. I just want to connect an MP5 via serial to a local PC running OpenICE. When i set everything up the application just sits at "connecting". And yes...I've double and tripple checked i am using the correct pinout for serial. I'm aware the MP5 has a different pinout than other MP series philips monitors. Here is what I have:
- OpenICE 0.6.3
- Windows 10 PC
- Philips MP5 rev F.01.43
- Tripplite Keyspan USA-19HS USB-to-Serial adapter
- Serial cable with the correct pinout for an MP5 (i've tripple checked this here and in the manual)
When i open OpenICE i select the ICE_Device_Interface, set device category to serial, and device type to Philips Intellivue (MIB/RS232). Then click the start intellivueSerial button. The application loads then sits there at "connecting":
Losing what's left of my hair trying to figure out what i am doing wrong...here are some of my questions:
- I'm leaving the IP address blank since i am connecting to a serial device, is that correct?
- I'm leaving the domain ID at 0, is that correct?
- What baud rate and serial port is the application expecting and can i edit these settings?
Attached is a copy of my demo app log. any direction of guidance would be appreciated.
Customer support service by UserEcho